LMRF is a Research Based organization established in 1990s by Medical Professional. Team of LMRF is derived from various Medical and Non-Medical field. LMRF is working in the field of Medical and community research through various studies.
The objective of LMRF is to improve maternal and Neonatal health, to decrease IMR/MMR, to Improve Hospital Services, Generate Public/Community Participation in LMRF activities and thereby ensuring sustainability of the facilities/assets created and Effective dissemination of project information. In order to achieve these objectives LMRF is working on mobilization, motivation, and facilitation, participation & awareness of the community in project areas, Conferences, workshops and trainings.
In this direction certain methodologies are adopted stated as follows:
- The main aim of community awareness programs is to make the community more informed, alert, self-reliant and capable of participating in all activities.
- National and International conferences involving personnel involved in research studies.
- CMEs and workshops for the Healthcare service providers.
- Community Awareness Meeting involving the ANCs/PNCs, Family members, Affected people, Women in reproductive age groups, Adolescent girls, Community/Public Leaders, Stakeholders addressing maternal and Neonatal Health and other health problems.
- Training & Capacity Building Program.
- Distribution of Informative Study materials.
- Distribution of IEC materials in the form of leaflets, banners, to health providers like ANM, ASHAs, Anganwadi workers, TBAs and also the community members in large extent.
- Special motivation by community leaders or well-known persons of the area.
- Use of media and press.
- Involvement and follow up to Ministry of Health.