Breastfeeding Week was celebrated between 1st August 2019 to 7th August 2019 by M-SAKHI Team, Lata Medical Research Foundation. The following activities were conducted:
- “Quiz” organised and prizes distributed for the ASHAs of Sirsi PHC.
- “Quiz” organised and prizes distributed for the ASHAs of Nand PHC.
- “Certificate distribution” programme for M-SAKHI ASHAs.
- A ‘Talk on the topic ” Role of caregivers, husbands, family members and health workers in enabling breastfeeding for mothers” given by Ms. Amrita, Dr. Samreen and Dr.Priyanka, to pregnant and lactating women at Sanjaygandhinagar anganwadi.
- Role play conducted for the pregnant and lactating women at Sanjaygandhinagar anganwadi, by ANM counselors on the topic, “Supporting working mothers to successfully breastfeed.
- Supporting the “green drive” by gifting plants to the attendees.