Since Site 11 was included as a Global Network site, there have been substantial improvement and capacity building at the administrative organization, Lata Medical Research Foundation(LMRF). As an organization it has trained 15 Medical Specialists– Obstetrician, pediatricians, community health specialists and 358 Field Research Staff in research through the GN trials and workshops. The 903 public health delivery staff in 586 villages have been trained in basic obstetric, essential newborn health and neonatal resuscitation. Additionally 210 community health faciltators/workers(CHFs) have been trained in mobilizing the communities.
List of Projects:
- Maternal and Neonatal Health Registry (MNH).
- Antenatal Corticosteroids Trial (ACT).
- Helping Babies Breathe (HBB).
- Emergency Obstetrics and Neonatal Care (EmONC).
- Simplified Gestation Age Score (SGAS).
- Aspirin Supplementation for Pregnancy Indicated Risk Reduction in Nulliparas (ASPIRIN).
- CHAMPION Study
- Prevention of maternal and neonatal death/infections with a single oral dose of Azithromycin in women in labor (in low- and middle-income countries): A randomized controlled trial (A-PLUS)
- Maternal Newborn Health Registry COVID-19 study.(MNHR-COVID19 study)
- Iron-deficiency and non-iron-deficiency anemia in pregnancy and infant health in India